No products in the cart.
Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Dog Trainer by Peazz
The Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Trainer is a dog training system incorporating a collar and remote control. The collar can stimulate your dog in a number of ways, from a 1/2-mile range, to allow your training to be all the more easier.
Unfortunately, problem dogs aren’t just featured on Cesar Millan’s show – they’re absolutely everywhere. Some of us will have read all of the books, watched the shows and gone to countless training sessions but absolutely nothing works and makes your best friend behave.
The Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Trainer is something that can adopt a different approach and allow your dog to roam freely, whilst giving you control at the same time. Sound interesting? Here’s the full review.
Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Dog Trainer pros
- The Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Trainer is designed for stubborn dogs who just can’t be trusted off the leash. Using a remote control, you can issue three types of stimulation (nick, constant and vibration) to make them react to commands.
- Even if your dog likes to “roam”, the 1/2 mile radius that the remote control has means that you are never likely to lose sight or control of him.
- The product arrives with an LCD screen which details how much stimulation you are applying, reassuring you exactly how much pressure you are applying.
- The LED screen also has a battery life indicator, so the device doesn’t die at the wrong time.
- It doesn’t matter if you’re taking your dog out in the rain, the Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Trainer is completely waterproof and will still function in poor weather.
- Dogtra have established themselves as the best at developing e-collars in the world. They serve the globe – and can be trusted.
Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Dog Trainer cons
- Some people will not wish to train their dog with a product which has an electrical stimulation setting.
- If your dog tends to roam significantly away from you, the 1/2 mile range of the Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Trainer may not be sufficient.
What makes the Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Trainer unique?
We’ll start with saying that dog training via electrical stimulation can be a sore topic amongst some owners – it’s certainly not something that is designed for everyone.
While your dog will never be hurt (the sensation is merely uncomfortable), some owners are not comfortable with the practice. It was for this reason that we were impressed with the way in which the Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Trainer has three settings; a stimulation type-nick, constant stimulation and a non-electrical vibration.
Suffice to say, it’s the latter which makes this product unique and means that you can control your dog without relying on electric shocks.
Something else which makes the device unique is the LCD screen, which simply bombards you with information. You can immediately find out whether or not the system is low on battery, but perhaps more importantly you can also see how much stimulation you are applying.
As there are various levels available, this allows you to easily keep track and find out which level is the most effective. It keeps your training more effective – and means that you can apply different levels of stimulation based on the element of training you are currently working on.
Is the Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Trainer suitable for you?
There’s no doubt that this is designed for the dog owner that is having problems. If your pet merely isn’t sitting when asked to do so, a product of this type is probably over the top. Instead, it’s for those that are loose cannons – those that need more advanced training to be taught the rights and wrongs.
Even if you aren’t comfortable with using electrical stimulation, there has been plenty of evidence to show that vibrations can work as well.
This means that the product is immediately open to the masses and when you consider that German Sheppard owners, and owners of other large breeds, have experienced such positive results – it stands to reason that it should be something you try if you are struggling with your pet.
Price and where to buy
The high-tech nature of the Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Trainer means that it’s not a small investment and currently retails for $194.95.
However, this is a significant discount from the original price of $275.99, while you will also be able to take advantage of free shipping from Peazz.com.
Details & Specs
- The Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Trainer arrives with a black dog collar and remote control.
- The system has a 1/2 mile radius and is fully waterproof.
- It allows you to train your dog with three types of stimulation; stimulation type-nick, constant stimulation (up to eight seconds) and non-electrical stimulation.
- The remote control has an LCD screen detailing the battery charge and also the amount of stimulation you have applied to your dog.
- The Dogtra Field Star 1/2 Mile Remote Trainer uses rechargeable Ni-MH batteries.